[Peakoil] Units not crucial for good public transport, study finds

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Wed Jan 5 08:41:36 UTC 2011

This may be true, but Canberra's "four towns" model requires a different description of the urban perimeter. Much of the "bush" in the bush capital may be included in our total urban area.
-----------------------------
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com

On 05/01/2011, at 1:51 PM, David Lattimore wrote:

On 05/01/11 12:46, Alex Pollard wrote:
> While greater New York, not just the skyscraper-dominated Manhattan, has
> 20.5 people to the hectare, Sydney has 20.4 people. Melbourne, with 15.7
> people, has only slightly lower density than Ottawa, with 17.2 people.

It's worth noting however that Canberra has a considerably lower
population density of 4.3 people to the hectare.