[Peakoil] Plastic Waste into Fuel

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Thu Dec 15 21:34:24 UTC 2011

JBI's Plastic2Oil technology turns waste into fuel:
http://pesn.com/2011/12/13/9601984_JBIs_Plastic2Oil_Technology_Turns_Waste_Into_Fuel/

"The Ontario, Canada based company, JBI is actively using a technology called Plastic2Oil, which converts waste plastic into low sulfur fuels -- such as diesel, furnace oil, and fuel oil. Although it's not a panacea solution to the energy crisis, their technology addresses the issue of what to do with plastic waste."

Google "plastic2oil" and you'll find among other things a couple of Youtube videos and a reference to it in Scientific American.

Years ago another Canadian company called American Micronizer had developed a way to take any waste at all and break it down into tiny particles. Doing that made it possible to disintegrate the waste somehow into its constituent elements with a useful degree of purity. The company has either disappeared or been renamed. It looked like a very good way to make waste into a feedstock.

Pity; we need more ways to recycle waste. Who knows; one day we may be mining our garbage dumps for raw materials.

Regards,
Walter