[Peakoil] IEA warns: oil supplies are running out fast

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Thu Aug 6 12:48:48 UTC 2009

Thanks, Tony

But 2020? - what are they smoking?

Those ASPO bods are living in dreamland. They always have been so
conservative that I wonder what their raison detre can possibly be!
Remember back in November 2005 Kenneth Deffeyes named 24 November that
year as the day peak oil occurred?

http://www.princeton.edu/hubbert/current-events-06-02.html

James Kunstler went along with him and also thought (and still thinks)
peak oil occurred in 2005.

The price patterns up to mid-2008 ($US 147 barrel) bore that out. But
the recession killed marginal demand and the subsequent price fall
obscure the fact that we are on the downslope.

You can get weekly bulletins from The Long Emergency from James
Kunstler here:

http://kunstler.com/blog/

It's a colourful weekly reminder of how "it's all connected".
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com