[Peakoil] Fwd: BOSA update - Whither peak oil at the 2020 summit?

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Sat Mar 29 11:08:52 UTC 2008

I know of a few:

Professor Ross Garnaut VIC - we all know him. He certainly has his own
mind

Honourable Dr Barry Owen Jones VIC - and we all know him too. An ideas
person, but not terribly practical

Dr Graeme Ivan Pearman VIC - Climate Scientist

Mr Bernard Joseph Salt VIC - pro-growth fanatic, likely to shout down
or ridicule any peak oiler

Professor Ian Lowe QLD - Chair ACF

Professor John Quiggin QLD - good value - certainly well aware of peak
oil.

Mr Greg Bourne NSW - CEO of WWF since 2004

Ms Penelope Figgis (AO) NSW - was with ABC. High profile conservationist

Professor Timothy Flannery NSW - no need to mention his background

Ms Tanya Ha NSW - a fluffy green who thinks you can buy your way to
sustainability

The Hon Roslyn Joan Kelly NSW - another one who has had her turn - she
should step aside

Mr Ian Bruce Kiernan NSW - Clean up Australia - stuck in the 1960s

Ms Romilly Madew NSW - Green building Council

Professor Will Steffen NSW - ANU climate scientist

Emeritus Professor Valerie Anne Brown ACT - her specialty is effective
community action

Dr Wendy Craik ACT - CEDO of the Murray-Darling Basin Commission

Dr Geoff Garrett ACT - Head of CSIRO - another one who has had his time
in the limelight

Professor Patrick Nicol Troy, AO ACT - independent thinking town planner

Methinks have any sort of gong: AM, AO etc. should have been automatic
disqualification - as should being a household name, having had more
than one book published commercially and being over 60 - that'd thin
'em out usefully.

Anyone know any of the others who are likely to give peak oil a go?

Incidentally, I have rewritten my review of Jim Kunstler's novel World
Made by Hand for the journal of Nature and Society Forum:

http://www.natsoc.org.au/html/publications/Journal%2008-2_kunstler.html