[Peakoil] Adopting meaningful goals - New Zero Emissions Network flier

Adrian Whitehead zeroemissionsnow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:18:12 UTC 2007

Here is our new Zero Emission Network flier that describes why we need to
adopt Zero Emissions Now (zero emission minus fast) as our goal if we want
to take meaningful action on climate change.

It summaries this complex issue down to four A4 pages and includes
references to goal setting, science, current goals, economics, risks, the
methane problem, and solutions across all sectors.

Feel free to print out and distribute.

If you support these aims please consider joining the Zero Emission Network
and help create a grass root movement promotion solutions that give us the
best chance of avoid a social and environmental catastrophe.

For a more detailed analysis around meaningful goals see the recent work by
David Sprat and Philip Sutton. at carbonequity.info

Best wishes

Adrian

The Zero Emission Network is supporting solutions to the "Sustainability
Emergency".

--
Adrian Whitehead
Coordinator

0403 735 118
www.zeroemissionnetwork.org.au

"We are faced with social and environmental collapse within this century due
to climate change and global warming. Given what is at stake, to do anything
but advocate for the best and strongest chance avoiding this outcome is an
act of an immoral and criminal nature.

What we must do is to reduce atmospheric greenhouse gas emissions as fast
possible by implementing a goal of zero emissions across all sectors
combined with undertaking human assisted sequestration options such as
re-vegetation and bio char, while supporting natural sequestration. This is
the goal of the Zero Emission Network.

We have perhaps 5-10 years to implement these goals or we will face
unacceptable impacts and a risk of runaway climate change, hence goals set
later than 2020 are meaningless."