[Peakoil] PM's Task Group on Emissions Trading

POLLARD,Sandy Sandy.POLLARD at dewr.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 12:06:49 EST 2007

Of all the submissions I've read so far to the PM's Task Group on
Emissions Trading:

http://www.pmc.gov.au/emissionstrading/submissions.cfm

...only Ian Dunlop's comes close (incorporates Peak Oil and population
concerns):

http://www.pmc.gov.au/emissionstrading/submissions/29_sub_emissionstradi
ng.pdf

With the following background, I imagine Ian Dunlop has thought about
this more than most...

Ian Dunlop was formerly a senior international oil, gas and coal
industry executive. He chaired the Australian Coal

Association in 1987-88, chaired the Australian Greenhouse Office Experts
Group on Emissions Trading from 1998-

2000 and was CEO of the Australian Institute of Company Directors from
1997-2001. An engineer by

qualification, he holds an MA (Mechanical Sciences) degree from the
University of Cambridge, he is a Fellow of the

Australian Institute of Company Directors, the Australasian Institute of
Mining and Metallurgy, and the Energy

Institute (UK), and a Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers of
AIME (USA). He also chairs the Australian

National Wildlife Collection Foundation.

I remember reading his comments a while ago, that it was the ice-core
data that set him on the road to his apostasy.
Highly recommended. One of those documents you would like to see placed
in every pollie's hands.

Sandy Pollard

--

Notice:
The information contained in this email message and any attached files