[Peakoil] Electric, Hydrogen, Hybrid Cars Star at Detroit Auto Show

leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au
Fri Jan 12 09:04:40 EST 2007

Jesus tap dancing Christ, why do they do it?

The EV1 with next generation batteries did 150 miles on home charge and
went like a cut cat.  So rather than create a sedan version, they're
investing in a wibbly wobbly hybrid.  :(

Cheers,

Leigh

             Antony Barry
             <tony at tony-barry.
             emu.id.au>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Peakoil Discussion
             peakoil-bounces+l         <peakoil at act-peakoil.org>
             eigh.kite=hic.gov                                          cc
             .au at act-peakoil.o
             rg                                                    Subject
                                       [Peakoil] Electric, Hydrogen,
                                       Hybrid Cars Star at Detroit Auto
             11/01/2007 04:37          Show
             PM

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> sports car profile, and utilizes lightweight aerodynamic materials
> such as carbon-fiber wheels. The front-engine, rear-drive sports
> car has a projected zero-to-60 miles per hour acceleration of about
> four seconds and a price tag in the mid-$30,000 range.
> Hot sports car or cool commuter vehicle, more than half of all
> Americans say due to soaring gas prices they would consider buying
> or leasing a fuel efficient hybrid car, according to a poll taken
> last spring.
>
> The CNN/USA Today/Gallup telephone poll of 1,001 adults was done in
> March and released in April 2006.
>
> Environmentally friendly cars at the auto show are generating
> attention from government figures, including U.S. Environmental
> Protection Agency Administrator Stephen Johnson, who will be
> attending the show as he did last year.
>
> Transportation Secretary Mary Peters will make an appearance and
> announce her proposal to reform the Department of Transportation's
> National New Car Assessment Program.
>
> Officials from the Department of Transportation, the National
> Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the EPA are meeting with
> manufacturers GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota while at the show.
>
> Also attending in 2007 are the Office of Aerospace, the Washington
> Foreign Press, Department of State's Bureau of Public Affairs and
> the Michigan Renewable Fuels Commission.
>
> In November, Michigan launched the Renewable Fuels Commission, a
> public-private team to help develop the state's alternative fuel
> industry.
>
> "The work of the Renewable Fuels Commission is a critical part of
> our effort to make Michigan the nation's leader in developing and
> producing alternative energy," said Michigan Governor Jennifer
> Granholm. "As more E-85 and flex fuel vehicles are produced, it is
> essential that we make biodiesel and ethanol products more widely
> available and encourage their use."
>
> Toyota is planning to release a flex-fuel full size pickup next
> year that can run on E-85 ethanol, Jay Lentz, executive vice
> president, Toyota Motor Sales, said Sunday.
>
> The 2009 model truck will be a variation on the new Toyota Tundra
> CrewMax, a full size pickup that debuted Sunday at the auto show.
>
> In 2007, the Detroit Auto Dealers Association will celebrate the
> centennial of its successful association with the North American
> International Auto Show. Since its inception in 1907, the show has
> grown from a regional event featuring 17 exhibitors to an
> internationally sanctioned show with over 90 exhibitors, which
> brought more than $500 million into the metro Detroit region last
> year.
>
> Held at Detroit's COBO Conference/Exhibition Center, press preview
> days at the North American International Auto Show run through
> Tuesday. Industry preview days will be held on Wednesday and
> Thursday. The Charity Preview will be held Friday evening. Public
> days are Saturday, January 13 through Sunday, January 21.

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it. If you received this message in error please notify Medicare Australia immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Medicare Australia.