[Peakoil] SA electric car distributor hopes Govt will reconsider ban

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Sat Feb 10 12:07:15 EST 2007

You will recollect that the government banned the Reva after
representations from the automotive industry.

Tony

SA electric car distributor hopes Govt will reconsider ban
Last Update: Friday, February 9, 2007. 7:20pm (AEDT)

The Adelaide-based distributor of an electric car says it is hoping a
trial in Western Australia will lead the South Australian Government
to reconsider its position.

Western Australia has approved a year-long trial of 50 small electric
cars that produce no emissions.

The Reva car was originally imported to South Australia by the Solar
Shop more than a year ago but was not allowed onto South Australian
roads.

The Solar Shop's manager, Leonard Lee, is hoping the local case can
be put again to the State Government.

"At the end of the day, it's well on the record that they didn't care
to support the Reva," he said.

"It was disappointing, but I would hope they might review that
decision now that our neighbours in Western Australia have come to
the party, and follow suit."

Source:<http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1844457.htm>
phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au