[Peakoil] Surviving peak oil story

Whittaker, Mark whittakerm at theaustralian.com.au
Thu Sep 21 15:45:52 EST 2006

Hi all
My name's mark whittaker. I'm a writer with the weekend australian magazine,
the colour liftout in the weekend australian newspaper.
Having been shaken up by the whole peak oil business after reading books
like Power Down, the Long Emergency, and A Thousand Barrels a Second, I got
to wondering what i was going to do in such a crisis. That got me wondering
what other people were doing in australia.
(I've bought some chooks and started a little permaculture garden. Not much
but better than nothing.)
The good thing about my job is that i can do my own research on work time so
long as the boss agrees to the story idea. I pitched him a story about
people making preparations to survive peak oil and/or global warming.
I'm writing in the hope that anybody who has made substantial changes to
their lives in order to survive peak oil will contact me for a chat.
You can contact me on:

or at

whittakerm at theaustralian.com.au

All the best

Mark Whittaker

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this
message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete
this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments which does not
relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to
have been sent or endorsed by that company or any of its related entities.
No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer
virus or other defect.