[Peakoil] Little news on peak oil

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Sun Oct 29 13:50:07 EST 2006

Despite the very large amount of attention being paid to energy
policy and global warming the Canberra Times has been devoid of
anything directly relating to peak oil in the last few days.

The thought occurred to me that the Government having finally woken
up to global warming and it's impact on farmers through lack of water
and heat should also spare a thought to what will happen as oil and
gas start to dry up.

Fuel, transport, fertisers and pesticides will all skyrocket in
price. While you can do drought relief on the assumption there will
be better years in the future you can't provide relief if basic
inputs are just going to continually increase in price. Might be a
letter in it.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au