[Peakoil] Chicago Tribune series on oil

Ken Rosie KenRosie at purecode.com.au
Mon Jul 31 09:12:09 EST 2006

URL of the Chigao Tribune article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/specials/chi-oilsafari2-htmlstory,0,3163462.special?coll=chi-homepagepromo440-fea

________________________________

From: peakoil-bounces+kenrosie=purecode.com.au at act-peakoil.org on behalf of Keith Thomas
Sent: Sun 30/07/2006 8:17 AM
To: 'Peakoil Discussion'
Subject: [Peakoil] Chicago Tribune series on oil

If you are interested in the oil business and the way oil permeates societies around the world, see the Chicago Tribune series on oil. Here is Matt Savinar's notice of the series:

Chicago Tribune Article

Folks,

It's rare I come across a piece in the mainstream media that covers our energy predicament in a thorough and/or original way. Most of the time it is the same old, same old. By now you know the drill:

1. The doommongers and their hippie friends have been saying "we're running out" for years.

2. The market, oil sands, and some new gadgetry is gonna save our butts.

3. There ain't a damn thing wrong with our energy intensive lifestyle.

Well the Chicago Tribune just published a 4 part series that I think is really quite good. I'd summarize it for you but I think you're better off just checking it out for yourself. It follows a tank of gas pumped in Chicago back to Nigeria, Iraq, etc.

Click here to go to the Chicago Tribune article.

Matt
web: http://www.savinarsolar.com
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com