[Peakoil] Re: A sleek, high-performance roadster that happens to be electric

Leigh Kite lkite at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 23 19:57:04 EST 2006

Yeah, I've been following Tesla motors for a while now, waiting for them to
unveil this.

You have to be happy with a 400 K range and 3 hour home charge.  The only
problem I can see  is scale and sustainability of the lithium ion battery
packs.  They do wear out, and often they're more expensive to replace than
whatever you're powering with them.

I wonder what the response from the energy cartels as well as Ford/GM is
going to be?

Unfortunately I can't fit a 17 piece drum kit in a roadster, so I'll have to
wait until somebody makes a fully electric people mover.

Now that fully electric is displaying some level of feasibility, nobody
should support this stupid hybrid idea; let the companies know that we want
a real solution.

Cheers,

Leigh