[Peakoil] New items Mon 3/7/06

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Mon Jul 3 12:23:58 EST 2006

"Gassed-up B-52 will spread its wings to slip the bonds of oil" CT p8.

The US is making jet fuel from coal or natural gas to move off oil.
Story from Reuters http://today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?
type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-06-30T191618Z_01_N30205622_RTRUKOC_0_US-E
NERGY-USA-JETFUEL.xml

Comment: Iceland and Sweden are getting out of oil now it looks like
the US military is looking at the same path.
--------------------------

Letter: "Wind claim bizarre" CT p.10
The title says it all.

Comment: with two letters now attacking McGaurin it is unlikely that
the CT will print more.
---------------------------

"Technically, our world really is flat after all" by Joseph S. Nye.
CT p.11
Friedman used the "flat" expression to describe globalisation.
Article looks at some of the limitations one being the possible
disruption of oil through the Persian Gulf.

Text should turn up at http://news.google.com/news?
hl=en&ned=&ie=UTF-8&q=nye+globalization+flat&btnG=Search+News soon.
Comments: Does not mention Peak Oil which will curtail if not destroy
globalisation.

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au