[Peakoil] Angel driving - the possabilities

robert and michelle preston theprestons at homemail.com.au
Sat Jul 1 19:57:46 EST 2006

During the second world war petrol was not only rationed but the way in which you drove your car was important to.
Back then you would drive your T model Ford ( or what ever car you had ) to the top of the hill, cut the engine and coaster down in neutral. May be you could go for a mile before having to start the engine again.
This saved a lot of fuel which brings me to this question.

The practice of Angel driving is illegal and I am in no way encouraging any one to try it.

In today's cars you not only have to cut the engine and place the car in neutral but you must ensure that the steering is not locked.In most cars the key needs to be returned to the position it was in when the car was running in order to travel safely down a road.

Dose angel driving have a future with peak oil and oil scarcity ?
Would people need to be tested before using this method

Rob Preston