[Peakoil] O-Week market day stall

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Mon Jan 9 15:11:15 EST 2006

Hi folks,

We should organise for a presence at the ANU O-Week market day, and at UC
as well if we have the time. Some ideas

* Large signage
* Demonstrate electric bikes
* Leaflets (some need editing/rewriting)
* Photocopies of recent press on the issue
* Books eg Twilight in the Desert, Collapse (probably not for sale)
* Stickers (still lots left)
* Email list sign up.
* Stuff we did/found we needed last year.

We should also aim for some event in/just after O-Week. Maybe a guest
appearance by one of the Peak Oil aware members of parliament or just a
screening of some of the recent peak oil docos.

We should also point people in the direction of the the Conservation
Council stall and they can send people in our direction.

Also be good to link up with the food co-op, ANU car pooling etc.

Peak Oil awareness must be growing but we should probably make climate
change prominent to get people in.

Market day will be in mid-February, does anyone have a date for it? Pity it
may be the last properly funded O-Week ever due to VSU.

Help especially needed from ANU students for booking the stall etc. I'll be
in touch.

We can organise this on the peakoil-stall email list, feel free to join it
or ask if you're not sure how.

Alex
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list