[Peakoil] Richard Heinberg speaking for one hour ABC RN midday 9 January

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Fri Jan 6 19:49:54 EST 2006

I notice Richard Heinberg is on ABC RN on 9 Jan:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/summer/summer2005/subpages/newdimensions.htm

The broadcast is at midday on Monday, but I note the earlier programs
in the series have been placed on the ABC's site after broadcast, so
Heinberg's may be as well.

I see Heinberg is speaking on:

• 	How you can become less dependent on fossil fuels without sacrifice
▪ 	Why nuclear energy is not a viable alternative to the fossil fuel
crisis
▪ 	How you can conserve fuel simply by eating vegetables in season
▪ 	Why World War I and II were actually wars for oil
▪ 	What strategies we can use to preserve our culture when we run out
of oil.

Seems to me the last thing we want to preserve is our culture. That's
what got us into this mess. So getting people to ditch our culture will
be the biggest wrench of all. Here I speak not of peak oil, but global
climate change. Did you read Bill McKibben's article in the Fin Review
today?  It's a good situation report. In case you missed it : here's
the link:

http://afr.com/articles/2006/01/05/1136387566548.html

Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com