[Peakoil] News items on peak oil 13 Feb 2006

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Mon Feb 13 21:58:08 EST 2006

Tony

Great service. Today, however, 104 items is far too many for an
individual. I turned off after about 20 and didn't follow any links.

I worked with The Energy Bulletin staff in September/October last year
to make the mass of info they gather accessible and manageable by
individuals.

Speaking for myself only, I am no longer interested in the latest
extraction data, or the latest news of political turmoil about oil
extraction, prices, shortages etc. After a few months, you realize that
they are pretty much repeats of each other with just dates, names and
localities changed. I'm not even interested in when the peak has
occurred/is occurring/will occur. I know it will bite before I'm 65 and
that's all that really matters. Additional info is just clutter and
following it up is mere 'busy-work'.

What I am most interested in is the material the Energy Bulletin people
gather under their heading "Sustainability and solutions". That is the
most important forward-thinking stuff for me, as I'd actually like to
live through peak oil, global climate change, H5N1 and peak
copper/lithium/silver/helium/platinum etc. I reckon I'm as ready as
most people, but there is still much more to learn.
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com