[Peakoil] Sweden plans to be world's first oil-free economy

David Jorm david.jorm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:45:17 EST 2006

Very interesting. I used to live in Sweden and honestly believe if any
society can do it, they can. Iceland has made a similar pledge a while ago,
but I think their target was that within 30 years the only oil being burned
would be by aircraft; the rest would be geothermal, wave, wind, or hydrogen
derived from this renewable energy.