[Peakoil] Wealth preservation and land

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Sat Sep 3 13:19:15 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I am personally interested in finding land for growing food and becoming a
bit more self-sufficient.

To the list members who have rural or semi-rural properties: What is your
experience of purchasing land and using it to grow food?

I'm interested in the posssibility of a land consortium. It's a big
commitment to buy land with other people, but I'd like to sound people out.

I think Katrina was an economic tipping point. It will have a pretty
severe effect on US consumers. Since refinery capacity has been taken out,
it should lessen US demand, perhaps lowering oil demand and prices
somewhat.

So for those of us with savings, are people interested in getting together
and buying gold? It can be ordered from Sydney and discounts apply for
larger quantities. Do any super funds cater to my gloomy outlook, or is my
super practically worthless already? I'm also interested to know if any of
you know financial planners who are Peak Oil savvy, or are aware of the
imbalances of the world financial system.

Alex
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list
http://act-peakoil.org