[Peakoil] Idea for an OIL PEAK Action

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Thu Oct 27 19:22:06 EST 2005

On 27/10/2005, at 12:32 PM, Adrian Whitehead wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just had a great idea for an oil peak action.
>
>  I am proposing that we replicate the slogans on our stickers, get some
> corflute signs made up (what we call the plastic cardboard use for
> making
> signs in Victoria), get some poles and get a team to maintain the
> signs in
> the roads i.e. different people could look after different stretches
> of main
> road etc.
>
> Any comments, thought, suggestions, or $$$
>
> Adrian

Sounds like a good idea. Tomato stakes will be adequate. You will need
to secure the signs in a way that enables them to keep aligned and not
swing around with the wind and out of motorists' vision. You'll also
need a hammer to drive the stakes into the ground - easy at the mo
while it's soft.

As to what to put on the signs, it needs to be something that can be
taken in and remembered in a second.  Many of the roadside signs in
Canberra are a sad waste as the message is in type too small and too
crowded to be read at 80kph.  Something very brief like "FUEL PRICES ?"
and a short web address.

Then you have to engage them at the website.