[Peakoil] Peak Oil mention in last night's Perspective program onABC radio national

POLLARD,Sandy Sandy.POLLARD at dewr.gov.au
Wed Oct 5 13:08:53 EST 2005

Jenny - heard the 'Perspective' piece on air, 'twere a marvellous thing.

Thanks also for asking a peak oil question at the Tim Flannery dinner.
It was interesting to hear the professor say he 'wasn't a peak oil
expert'.

If anyone has an inside track to the man's ear, it might be worth
suggesting to him that some research, then a book (or a paper) tying
together the themes of PO, climate change, biodiversity loss and
carrying capacity might be a worthy project for a science writer of his
profile.

What I had in mind was a 'local' version of the John H. Walsh piece 'The
Impending Twin Crises - One Set of Solutions?' from the current
proceedings of the Canadian Association for the Club of Rome:

http://www.cacor.ca/Proceed-Sep%2005.pdf

Speaking of the Club of Rome - and given that you cited Matthew Simmons
at the Flannery dinner - here is a link to Simmons' debunking of widely
held myths associated with the Limits to Growth study:

http://greatchange.org/ov-simmons,club_of_rome_revisted.html

The on-going refurbishment of the (intentionally?) maligned 'Limits to
Growth' is a worthy cause - I know that at least one member of ACT Peak
Oil took the Fin Review's Trevor Sykes to task in print for blithely
repeating LtG disinformation in an otherwise reasonable article on PO
earlier this year.

Regards

Sandy Pollard