[Peakoil] Technological optimism

alex-po at trevbus.org alex-po at trevbus.org
Fri Mar 18 21:46:05 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Although the international picture looks pretty bleak in regard to Peak
Oil and Climate Change, there are some promising technologies out there

Feel free to post other possible technologies on this list (which is the
peak oil discussion list as opposed to the announce list).

____________________

* Bishop Austrans is a kind of hybrid rail system that can be flexibly
deployed in an urban setting. It is claimed it can actually run a
profitable public transport system without subsidies.

 "Its greatest strengths are the vehicle frequency (initially up to one
 every 15 seconds), the low cost of construction and operation and very
 low environmental impacts."

http://www.austrans.com/

____________________

* The Solar Tower, to be built by EnviroMission is huge upside-down
funnel, 1km high, with massive power generation capacity.

 "EnviroMission owns the exclusive license to German designed Solar Tower
 technology in Australia. Our first project will focus on developing this
 revolutionary technology into the world's first large-scale solar thermal
 power station capable of generating enough electricity to supply 200,000
 typical Australian homes."

http://www.enviromission.com.au/index1.htm

I'm keen to see if we can get Bishop Austrans on the local ACT political
agenda.

Cheers,

Alex P

(Remember, you can discuss this email just by replying to it)