[Peakoil] Small business minister

Adrian Whitehead ccserac.project1 at ecoaction.net.au
Tue Jun 14 12:17:36 EST 2005

Great effort

-----Original Message-----
From: peakoil-bounces+adrian=ecoaction.net.au at act-peakoil.org
[mailto:peakoil-bounces+adrian=ecoaction.net.au at act-peakoil.org] On Behalf
Of David Jorm
Sent: Tuesday, 7 June 2005 11:12 PM
To: Peakoil Discussion
Subject: [Peakoil] Small business minister

Today we held the official launch for business.gov.au, the site i've been
re-developing for the past year. Afterwards the minister for small business,
Fran Bailey, came and toured our department. In my office I have (among an
ecletic bunch of posters) a poster asking "What is your plan for the end of
the oil age?". She asked me what I proposed was the solution and I echoed
John Anderson's comments about the impacts peak oil will have on agriculture
and how the dominant role oil plays in our economy will mean it reverberates
throughout the entire economy, not excluding small business. I said it will
require an orchestrated and pre-emptive response from government and
industry and perhaps she should "raise the issue with both the Johns next
time you see them".

The departmental officials looked quite unimpressed with me, but I like to
think at some point in the future she will pipe up to them about "this peak
oil business" :)

David