[Peakoil] Is Macfarlane clueless?

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Sat Aug 6 19:30:22 EST 2005

This is pretty disturbing.

Federal Minister Macfarlane seems to be talking rubbish in attempt to
convince people we will live in an energy-plentiful future. Or else he is
utterly clueless. We citizens will have to save ourselves.

Alex
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list
http://act-peakoil.org

------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

It seems that when Minister Macfarlane talked of "hydrogen fast fusion
technology" he really meant just plain old "fusion technology".
See reply below.

Incidentally, www.pescu.net says  :
"Private Enterprise Space Company Unlimited
This is a space agency run by independent characters.
This site PESCU.net includes a great many things, including
 List of space agencies and an Index of local Astronomical Societies ... "
and
"NEWS: in 2004 new scientist reported that fusion had reached the
breakeven level,
where it no longer uses more energy than it takes to start the reaction."
Huh ?

insideout.rigb.org seems to be a children's science education site that
asks :
"Can scientists create a mini sun ?
Well, this might not exactly be true, but scientists are making use of
their knowledge of the way the sun creates heat energy for our own energy
needs! "

It's a bit of a worry when the Minister gets mixed up between hydrogen
technology, fast breeders and fusion,
but when his Energy Advisor gets his information from kiddies science
pages on the web
then you KNOW we are in trouble.

Any advice on how to proceed ?
Be imaginative - we want to cause maximum embarrassment here :-)

Dave K

-----