[Peakoil-announce] Michael Abelman at the Mulloon Institute

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 16 03:25:51 UTC 2012

Michael Ableman - "Feeding the Future" - April 15th 10:30am - 4:30pm, Mulloon Institute, Bungendore

We've managed to secure a great opportunity to host the internationally renowned farmer, speaker, author, and photographer Michael Ableman who is going to provide an inspiring view on strategies and innovative ideas for achieving real change in the food system. Speaking on topics ranging from his experience producing food at Foxglove Farm in British Columbia, to his involvement in SOULfood, a city wide urban agriculture enterprise in Vancouver, we think this event is a must see for anyone involved in sustainable organic agriculture - whether in the back-yard, at a community or school garden, on acreage, or part of the local food systems.

 In addition to the main event (which includes lunch and afternoon tea of farm fresh organic produce), we're putting on an optional extra - a screening of the award winning documentary Beyond Organic - The Vision of Fairview Gardens (featuring Michael Ableman, narrated by Meryl Streep). The optional session will include a relaxed BBQ dinner, tour some of the great stuff happening on the farm, and more Q&A with Michael.

 Bookings are essential - details and registration are available at http://www.themullooninstitute.org

Danny O'Brien, Mulloon Institute