[Peakoil-announce] Transport Forum August 30

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 17 23:00:02 UTC 2012

Are you keen to see a decision about Light Rail or Rapid Bus Transit in
Canberra? Would you like to be able to leave your car at home? Do you want to
see excellent public transport in our city? Do you want to be able to ride and
walk around more easily?

Come along to discuss Light Rail and other transport issues at our Active
Transport Forum with Minister for Environment and Sustainable Development Simon
Corbell, and Greens spokesperson for Transport Amanda Bresnan.

Dr Gordon Cameron, UC Public Transport Infrastructure Economist, and Mr Jason
Ward from the Gold Coast light rail project will share their views on public
transport and challenges for Canberra.

The event will be chaired by ABC radio's Alex Sloan.

Complimentary drinks and refreshments will be provided - please RSVP so we can
cater accordingly!