[Peakoil-announce] Bianca Jagger on Peak Oil

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Sat Oct 30 00:38:17 UTC 2010

On 30/10/2010, at 6:53 AM, Jenny Goldie wrote:

> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bianca-jagger/now-is-the-time-to-move-b_b_754459.html
>
> I had the pleasure of meeting Bianca at the ASPO-USA Peak Oil conference in
> Washington earlier this month.
>
> Jenny

A quotation from her article:

"The pessimists operate on the thesis that the peak has already occurred - Kenneth Deffreys, author of Beyond Oil, claims that oil production peaked in December 2005."

Deffreys actually set a date - Thanksgiving Day (30 November) - with deliberately mock precision. However, I have seen no evidence that he was not pretty right. The prediction always was that production would plateau when peak was reached, and there is little doubt there has been a plateau since 2005.