[Peakoil-announce] ASPO newsletter attached.

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 20 23:09:31 UTC 2010

Please find attached the latest ASPO-USA newsletter which contains the following quote:

Quote of the Week
? "Even before we reach peak oil, we could witness an oil supply crunch because of increased Asian demand. Major new investment in energy takes 10-15 years from the initial investment to first production, and to date we have not seen the amount of new projects that would supply the projected increase in demand."

-- Report from Lloyds of London (insurance) and Chatham House (strategic studies)

Jenny Goldie