[Peakoil-announce] Field Trip 14 October 2009 to Mulloon Creek Natural Farms

Alex Jackson alex-po at trevbus.org
Wed Sep 9 03:15:41 UTC 2009

If anyone wants to car pool, let me know. I am in Queanbeyan.

Alex
O4O4873828

Subject: [NSF] UMCCC Field Trip 14 October 2009 to Mulloon Creek Natural
Farms
From:    "Nature and Society Forum" <office at natsoc.org.au>
Date:    Wed, September 9, 2009 12:53
To:      "Farming interest group - NSF" <office at natsoc.org.au>
         "Biodiversity, wilderness, conservation interest group - NSF"
<anb at natsoc.org.au>
         "Food security and GM interest group - NSF" <myrmecia at ml1.net>

You may have seen the article in the Canberra Times early last month
about Tony Coote's farm. Here's advice about their open day next
month. Note that there is an RSVP date of 9 October.
Keith Thomas
Office Manager
Nature and Society Forum
www.natsoc.org.au --- www.biosensitivefutures.org
02-6125 2526 (Mon & Wed mornings) Mobile: 0412 487 625

DIRECTIONS TO “MULLOON CREEK NATURAL FARMS”

– From Canberra / Bungendore

Drive to Bungendore
Continue through Bungendore (on the Kings Highway towards Braidwood &
Bateman’s Bay)
Look at speedo reading at 100 km per hour sign on Braidwood side of
Bungendore
Continue for approx 11kms. You will be travelling up a hill (The Great
Dividing Range) which has an overtaking lane
Near the crest of the hill are 2 signs, 1 either side of the road – a
black cross on a yellow background with a truck underneath it.
Not far past these signs is a finger sign, on the right hand side of
the road, pointing right. The sign says “Mulloon Creek Natural Farms”
–“The Home Farm”.  Take this right turn

– Once on the farm

Go over front grid.  Follow through a couple of kilometres of bush.
This opens up into a valley.
Go past the cattle yards and Manager’s house.  Keep going until you
pass a large dam on the right.
Shortly after is a left turn
 you will see the barn (venue) and a
lagoon on the right, continue along until you come to the parking area
at the stables (total distance from front grid to the stables is
nearly 6 km’s)
Happy Travelling!