[Peakoil-announce] Segways Down Under website

Ashleigh, Matt (DPS) Matt.Ashleigh at aph.gov.au
Tue Dec 15 02:11:33 UTC 2009

Put together by my father in law in Ainslie...

Happy Holidays everybody.

Matt

Dear Everyone

The following link gets you to my Father in law's 'Segway' site with his
endeavours to legalise the use of Segways in Australia.  As you can see
from the link, Segway is environmentally very friendly and a cost
effective mode of transport based on a gyro-scope concept.  He has done
a lot of work in researching and contacting the relevant Ministers of
Australian federal Parliament and ACT members of Assembly so far, but
still has much more work to do with your help.  He simply wishes to be
able to use his Segway (and for others who wish to use it) freely in
Australia, particularly in Canberra where he is currently not allowed to
use it in public places.  As far as we're aware, Segways are no more
dangerous than bicycles and other similar instruments on the road.

http://web.me.com/mac00mac/legalisesegwaysdownunder/Start.html
<http://web.me.com/mac00mac/legalisesegwaysdownunder/Start.html>

Please share it with your friends and get their support too by signing
the petitions for both HoR (only manual available requiring hard copies
of signed petitions to return to Michael) and the Senate (electronic
petitions on web available).  The petition will run as long as it'll
take to gather as much support as we need.  YOUR SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH
APPRECIATED.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say:

Very Happy and Safe Festive Seasons to You All, and All the Best for the
New Year 2010!!