[Peakoil-announce] Update on plans for Transition Town training in Canberra in October

Alex Pollard alex-po at trevbus.org
Thu Aug 20 01:07:50 UTC 2009

Sorry about the delay passing this on, I am catching up after my flu.

Alex

O4O4873828
ACT Peak Oil Inc.

Subject: Update on plans for Transition Town training in Canberra in October
From:    "Barbara Chevalier" <barbchev at gmail.com>
Date:    Sun, August 16, 2009 15:19

Hi everyone
Please forward this to anyone you think is interested. Attached is the
most up to date list of emails that we have so far for interested
people.  If you have any additions or want to be added to the list,
please contact Megan (dave_meg at webone.com.au) and Cath Beasley
(Catherinebeasley at internode.on.net, cath at ecoaction.com.au).

Yesterday, John B, John C, Phil and Ray from Bega met Robin, Anne,
Karen and I from Canberra before attending the enACT3 event, to nut
out the following details for holding the first two Transition Town
training weekends here in Canberra:

1. Dates:
October 10th/11th and
October 31st/November 1st.

2. Venue:
Robin Tennant-Wood, the Director of the Canberra Environment and
Sustainability Resource Centre (http://www.ecoaction.com.au/) said
that she and her colleague, Cath Beasley, are really keen to have the
Centre at the front line of the TT movement in Canberra and would love
to have it at the Environment Centre.  The childcare centre behind the
Centre offers extra space for break-out groups. Parking is easy, the
venue is fairly central on the Acton Peninsula, near the National
Museum.

3. The Canberra Organising Team so far:
Cath Beasley from the Environment Centre will be the contact person,
and will communicate with everyone as to the best ways to contact her.

The Canberra team will also comprise Karen Jesson and Anne O'Brien who
both recently completed the TT in Bega.  Karen is the community
development officer at Communities at Work in Tuggeranong, and recently
instigated the Sustainability Network monthly meetings in Canberra.
Anne O'Brien is a 'superconnector' who works with Climate Action
Canberra among other things.

Robin and I would like to be kept informed, but are less sure about
their time to commit to being core team members.

Others, such as Mark Spain, Cindy Eiritz, Rachel Milouf, and others on
this email list, may decide to be involved.

4. John Barlow will send to the Canberra Organising Team (in the To
row above) a list of activities for organising the events. John's
details are: john.barlow at guru.com, phone 0413 880 207, 02 6492 0923.

5. To organise a time for the first meeting of the Canberra Organising
Team (and anyone else who would like to join that team), here is a
link to a poll titled "Transition Town Canberra Organising Team
meeting time options" at Doodle:
http://www.doodle.com/6mxinyzkadzq6xwz

Just go in and click on the times of day and week that you are
availalable in the week August 24-28. Please do this by Friday 21st
August (end of this week). You can see when others are available when
you click on this link.

Great progress!!!

Barbara Chevalier
0417 24 00 26.