[Peakoil-announce] Oil replacement technologies - Catalyst ABC 8pm Thursday

Ben Davies ben.davies at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 02:08:12 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just noticed a promo for an ABC catalyst story this week, for oil replacement technologies. The promo is here:

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/promo.htm

There is also going to be a meeting/seminar (?) somewhere at the ANU on renewable technologies. Possibly on the 8th August? I'll get some more details and post them to the list.

Finally, last night on SBS's cutting edge, there was a French documentary about China and US competition for remaining oil. So there was a focus on Africa and a bit on South America. Whilst it didn't mention peak oil, it did discuss some of the messiness in global oil politics... I've got it recorded on a HDD, so could probably burn it to a DVD if the ACT peak oil group is after a copy.

Ben