[Peakoil-announce] Sat Nov 4th: Join thousands and Walk Against Warming

Robert Wiblin robertwiblin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 20:19:36 EST 2006

REPRESENT ANU AT THIS IMPORTANT NATIONAL EVENT

Mark Saturday November 4th in your calendar now!

WWW.WALKAGAINSTWARMING.ORG

The Australian Government doesn't care about climate change. We know you do.

The Government will only take real action on climate change and
protect our futures if we tell them to. Join thousands of
other Australians in a peaceful walk urging action on climate change
now. With climate change firmly on the front page now is the perfect
time to exert pressure on our politicians to take global warming
seriously, and give us responsible policy and leadership for the future.

WHERE: 12pm Civic Square, ACT Legislative Assembly, Canberra. This
Saturday the 4th of November.

WHAT: A fun walk to Glebe Park for speakers and entertainment.

BRING: Family, friends, kids, colleagues, bikes, colourful banners,
umbrellas and placards, sunflowers and a picnic lunch.

Join the growing movement demanding deep cuts in greenhouse gas
emissions through public policy to spur renewable energy, energy
efficiency and better
public transport. This day of action coincides with United Nations
talks and events all around the world.

For those who won't be in Canberra there are events in most cities across
the country. Visit www.walkagainstwarming.org for details.

Don't forget to join many other concerned people at this
national rally. Numbers really matter.

Further information:

www.GetUp.org.au/campaign.asp?campaign_id=20

www.ClimateMovement.org.au

www.AnuZeroEmissions.org

--
Robert Wiblin
ANU Students' Association Environment Officer
robertwiblin at gmail.com
Mobile: 0401242877
Burgmann College, ANU