[Peakoil-announce] Kyoto Day Rally 2006 - Conservation Council SERAC

Adrian Whitehead ccserac.project1 at ecoaction.net.au
Wed Feb 8 17:48:35 EST 2006

Kyoto Day Rally 2006

Thursday 16 February

ACT Legislative Assembly Public Entrance, 12.30pm to 1.00pm

“Let’s Catch up on Kyoto”

Celebrate the first anniversary of the Kyoto Protocol coming into force.

Call on the ACT Government to commit to large and meaningful greenhouse gas
emission reduction targets.

Call on the Federal Government to join the rest of the world in signing onto
the Kyoto protocol.

Rally outside the ACT Assembly at 12.25 for a 12.30 start.  Speakers,
stalls, sign the Kyoto Scroll

Help build the grassroots campaign before we push our climate systems over
the edge.

Bring, signs, banners, pin wheels, bikes, friends and family.

Please pass this message on to your friends and lists.

Adrian Whitehead

Water & Climate Campaigner

Conservation Council of the SE Region and Canberra

www.ecoaction.net.au

P: 6247 7808

M: 0403 735 118

The Conservation Council is Canberra’s peak non government, environment
organisation.  As an umbrella organisation, the Council represents the
interests of over 30 community and conservation organisations in the
Canberra Region as well as the broader environmental interests of all
citizens of the ACT.  The Conservation Council's mission is to achieve the
highest quality environment for Canberra and the surrounding region.