[Peakoil-announce] Bush admits oil demand outstripping supply

alex-po at trevbus.org alex-po at trevbus.org
Fri Mar 18 22:18:17 EST 2005

Hi folks,

The US President has come close to admitting there is an underlying
problem with oil supply in relation to demand:

"In terms of world supply, I think if you look at all the statistics,
demand is outracing supply and supplies are getting tight."

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2005/s1326152.htm

That is, it's not chiefly due to terrorism fears, the War in Iraq etc..
These have been the usual excuses that overly-optimistic analysts have for
high oil prices.

Peak Oil may even be happening right now. We won't know for sure for a
couple of years (during which time it may happen for real anyhow)

Alex P